Monday, May 16, 2011

Trenton Thunder score walk-off win

I had the assignment to photograph the Trenton Thunder play the Binghamton Mets on an overcast Sunday afternoon and the game was going slow. So slow, this is what I did to keep involved. Can you believe the technique this pitcher has? Nearly identical form on two separate throws.



I thought I had my picture and I could go home late in the game with this tag at the plate, but there were only a couple more innings left and the skies were threatening rain (possible good pictures) so I resolved to stay until the bitter end.

But it instead of bitter, this ending became sweet when Austin Krum, in the bottom of the ninth, with two outs, hit a line drive triple to right field which drove in two runs and earned his team the come-from-behind win, walk-off style. His teammates were pleased. Me, too!

No comments: