Saturday, July 4, 2009

Just Ducky


Okay. Everybody into the pool! He meant people, not ducks. A resident of The Island section of Trenton, New Jersey called that a paddling of ducklings had taken up residence in her & her husband's pool, so off I went! I've been to similar assignments before where animals refuse to respect the boundaries of human constructs ;)


It's not a fossil. He's swimming underwater.

And here's the photograph that was the most trouble. The little buggers would move to the opposite direction of the slightest movement of a human at poolside so there was no way to get a close-up photo. That's where I proved that I'm smarter than the average bear...or duck, in this case. I clamped my camera to the pool's ladder with a wireless remote switch. It still took the owner and I about five minutes to maneuver them into position where I could get the wide angle close-up photograph I wanted.

No comments: