Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I had two basketball games to photograph for deadline one night. The first game, girls, Trenton Catholic Academy at Peddie, in Hightstown, was the sports frontpage color which means that had to be filed before shooting the 2nd game. This could never happen without two key components, motor drive and computer. First, I allowed myself the luxury of shooting two quarters at the girls game before rushing to West Windsor Plainsboro at home vs Princeton High where I worked on images from the girls game and filed from the library. Then it was onto the court to photograph one quarter of the boys game and send them from the gym where I had my laptop set up. Deadlines met.



The lighting at the gym at Peddie is way dim, but I hate using flash for sports, so I set my ISO 1t 1600 and shot from high up looking down, so at least the players would be looking up into the lights.

This player, Lakeisha Sutton, provided a nice image as she went airborn toward two of her 30 points. leading her team to victory.

The gym at West Windsor Plainsboro was just as dim, but there's no balcony, so I went down low on the floor.

No comments: